In the world of modern business, where efficiency and productivity are paramount, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) has emerged as a game-changer. Imagine a tireless, highly skilled, and error-free employee working 24/7 to perform repetitive, time-consuming tasks. That’s precisely what RPA brings to the table, and it’s transforming businesses across various industries.
What is RPA?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a cutting-edge technology that employs software robots (or bots) to automate rule-based, repetitive tasks. These bots mimic human interaction with digital systems, ensuring precision and speed in completing various processes. RPA is like having an extra workforce of digital employees, working tirelessly without fatigue.
The Advantages of RPA for Businesses:
- Enhanced Efficiency and Accuracy: RPA eliminates human errors, offering consistent and precise execution of tasks. It significantly reduces the risk of manual data entry errors, thereby improving data quality.
- Cost Savings: By automating repetitive tasks, RPA reduces operational costs. Fewer manual interventions mean fewer labor costs and increased operational efficiency. Businesses can allocate their human workforce to more strategic tasks while letting RPA handle the routine.
- Improved Scalability: RPA robotic process automation tools can adapt to the evolving needs of your business. Whether you need to scale up during peak times or scale down during lean periods, RPA can flexibly adjust to match the workload.
- Enhanced Productivity: Automation of mundane tasks enables your human employees to focus on creative, customer-centric, and strategic roles. This results in increased overall productivity.
- Speedy Workflow: RPA bots work round the clock, ensuring faster turnaround times. Processes that once took days or weeks to complete can now be finalized within hours or minutes.
- Error Reduction: As RPA operates with precision, it dramatically lowers the risk of errors, ensuring compliance with rules, policies, and industry regulations.
- Improved Customer Service: With the aid of RPA, businesses can provide rapid responses to customer queries, enhancing customer satisfaction.
Practical Example: Invoice Processing
To understand RPA’s real-world application, let’s take the example of invoice processing. In a traditional workflow, employees manually extract data from invoices, enter it into the system, cross-verify details, and process payments. This process is not only time-consuming but prone to errors.
With RPA, bots can be programmed to:
- Automatically extract data from incoming invoices.
- Validate the data with the existing records and flag any discrepancies.
- Process payments, send payment notifications, and update the financial system.
- Archive the invoices for future reference.
This automation of invoice processing not only speeds up the workflow but also minimizes errors, ultimately saving time and costs.
The Future of RPA
The future of RPA holds great promise, especially considering the benefits of robotic process automation. As technology advances, RPA tools become more sophisticated, integrating machine learning and artificial intelligence to handle unstructured data and complex decisions. This transformation extends across sectors like finance, healthcare, logistics, and customer service.
As RPA becomes more accessible, even small and medium-sized businesses are adopting this technology to stay competitive. The market is expected to grow, offering more advanced RPA solutions, greater ease of implementation, and integration with other systems.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is revolutionizing how businesses operate by enhancing efficiency, reducing costs, and improving overall productivity. With its practical applications and the ever-expanding range of industries it serves, RPA is a transformative force in the business world, promising a brighter, more automated future.
Embrace RPA to streamline your business processes and keep pace with the evolving landscape of technology-driven automation. The era of RPA is here, and it’s here to stay.
RPA robotic process automation tools from Global Bilgi
If your company regularly performs tasks with a consistent and logical workflow, and these tasks are present in a multitude of business processes, their automation becomes economically advantageous. As one of the leading developers of business process automation systems, Global Bilgi offers you our experience and ready solutions for desktop and cloud RPA/RDA with installation and support.
What’s the Difference Between RPA and RDA?
Robotic Desktop Automation (RDA), in other words, can be called a “digital assistant” that helps a person perform routine tasks during computer work. RDA robots are advanced and perform defined tasks according to the information received from a human worker, thereby increasing productivity, eliminating errors, and adding extra value.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) performs its designated tasks without the need for any employee. It’s a full-fledged “digital co-worker” that automatically executes your repetitive processes based on rules without human involvement.
For our clients, we offer:
- An on-premise version of RPA software that can be deployed on your hardware, working with existing desktop applications and other core software products. It can also connect to system APIs and integrate with your databases.
- A cloud version that can be used from devices with internet access without installing a local server or any additional hardware.
The advantages of the cloud RPA solution
- Cloud RPA requires no installation or physical environment.
- By utilizing Cloud RPA technology, you can reduce costs, streamline your management and business processes, and quickly implement new automation tools and methods.
- Licenses for RPA can be transferred to any user who needs access, returned after task completion, or prepared for the next user.
- Cloud RPA is always updated and remains up to date with minimal or no interference with your business’s IT resources.
- Cloud RPA users can create robots in a specially designed cloud environment called Studio, which eliminates code dependency and does not require programming knowledge.
- The cloud version of RPA includes its own Orchestrator module that allows authorized management of robots, monitoring their work, and evaluating process efficiency.
Where Can Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Be Utilized?
Until recently, the financial sector, including insurance companies and banks, alongside other major enterprises, stood out as leaders in RPA project implementation, reaping the benefits of robotic process automation. RPA software within this sector brings cost savings, improved time efficiency, and reduced manual labor.
Its applications span various tasks, from automatically rectifying data formatting errors to extracting data from external auditors, streamlining loan processing, conducting credit checks, generating reports, and facilitating customer registration.
RPA tools also find extensive use in account opening and closing procedures, with robots capable of verifying customer payments, loan punctuality, and more, underscoring the advantages of robotic process automation.
Example of Business Process Automation with RPA in the Banking Sector
During the COVID-19 pandemic, preferential loans were introduced as part of state support for small and medium-sized businesses. This led to a large influx of loan applications. One bank, addressing the issue of increased workload on its staff, automated the process of processing and verifying applications for preferential loans in just three weeks.
This allowed them to process more applications and assist many businesses. Each day, the robot processed between 500 and 1500 applications, and the average processing speed for one application increased fivefold! The bank managed to remove routine tasks from 3000 of its employees, enabling them to work in a normal mode.
More Opportunities for Business Process Automation with RPA
In today’s world, Global Bilgi’s RPA solutions enable business process automation across various fields, from finance and procurement to logistics and tourism.
- Finance: purchasing, order management, invoice generation, processing and monitoring related systems, management reports, data collection and signal generation, tax planning.
- Procurement: supplier determination, price comparison and report creation, tracking supplier payments and order transactions, creating and sending supply documents and updating systems, monitoring contract periods.
- Human Resources: employee onboarding and offboarding, resume scanning, payroll generation, employee performance assessment and additional remuneration reflection, leave processes, and reporting.
- Marketing: social media channel monitoring, market and competition research.
- Sales: customer information processing and editing in the system, automatic proposal generation.
- Logistics: preparing shipping orders, processing invoices and invoice data in inventory management systems, return management.
- IT: system monitoring, license software checks, server and application management, user identification and password operations, installing appropriate software on new devices. RPA can be used for software functionality testing, user interactions, customer support and maintenance.
- Freight Transport: transportation planning and tracking, billing processes, collection, carrier management, customer communication, customer portal access, purchasing and inventory management processes.
- Tourism: reservations, competitor price analysis, compliance procedures, reporting, and customer management.
- Media and Broadcasting: metadata updates, content creation, device activation, file and email grouping.
- Audit: data analysis, comparison, approval, and verification.
- Banking: credit operations, supplier payments, credit card operations, fraud monitoring, data migration.
- Insurance: inquiry/request processes, regulatory compliance monitoring, proposal generation.
- Healthcare: patient procedures, appointment scheduling, complaint review and audit.
- Manufacturing: raw material tracking, management reports and data processing, post-sale support, ERP and other system compatibility, information exchange between non-integrated systems.
- Retail: sales and business unit analysis, demand and supply planning, product categorization, post-sale support services, supply chain operations.
- Energy: station monitoring, procedural operations, meter reading checks.
- Telecommunications: transition to market strategy, process support, integration into programs.
- Customer Service: data management, expense control, call center processes.
Usage Statistics of RPA Robotic Process Automation Tools within Our Company
Yes, at Global Bilgi, we actively utilize RPA robotic process automation tools, and in our business, this leads to significant cost reductions and improved efficiency in our work processes. For example, in our customer service center, RPA/RDA robots handle 340 out of 772 processes, saving us 67% of the time. As a result, human resources are reallocated to tackle more complex issues rather than dealing with business applications and information retrieval.
|Department of Turkcell Global Bilgi
|Handled by Robots
|Turkcell Call Center Operations
|Business Dev. & Customer Management
|Customer Experience and Quality
Advantages of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) from Global Bilgi
With RPA, you can redefine your business processes. This technology allows you to automate a plethora of corporate functions, from back-office tasks to remote IT infrastructure. When you inquire about Robotic Process Automation (RPA) with Global Bilgi, you’ll receive:
- Preliminary Analysis: Identifying processes suitable for RPA or RDA and analyzing the advantages of executing these processes with robots.
- Design: Determining deterministic processes for robots, which means creating their scenarios.
- Performance Monitoring: Monitoring the performance of robots whose work processes have been determined and any error notifications that should be regularly tracked from the control panel.
- Assessment: The performance of robots should be measured after their work. With the product control panel of RPA/RDA from Global Bilgi, you can access all the information provided by each robot after completing a work process.
- Deployment of New Developments: The ability to import text, images, and tables from PDFs. Ability to process imported tables like Excel tables. Scenario monitoring (work description) of an active robot from the control panel. Optical character recognition technology. High processing power in corporate applications. Access to Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and other web services. Queue management, record playback, investment calculation methods, and profitability.
Our company’s experience in the digital transformation of business processes allows us to quickly implement new RPA developments and configure robots to meet the needs of our clients. We offer a wide range of project management consulting services for RPA “from start to finish”, analysis, development, and RPA system management. For our clients, there is an online resource, RPA Academy, that allows self-learning to create robots and automate processes.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) emerges as a highly efficient tool for enhancing business processes. In contrast to conventional automation, RPA systems offer distinct advantages. They are simpler to implement, provide a quicker return on investment, and demand minimal alterations to current IT systems. Currently, software robots are gaining dominance in the market, steering businesses toward digital transformation. Reach out to us to explore the benefits of robotic process automation through our product or for comprehensive information.